Schedule Your Mammogram
Mammograms are one of the most effective tools in early detection of breast cancer.
To schedule your mammogram and for answers to any questions you might have, contact one of our community navigators:
Brenda Soto (English & Spanish)
Paola Torres (English & Spanish)
You should make an appointment if you have a wide-ranging breast health history that may include:
- Dense breast tissue
- Fibrocystic breasts (breast cysts)
- Previous abnormal mammogram
- Experiencing pain, lumps, or discomfort in your breasts
Please make an appointment with a provider if you experience any of the above.
When you visit UI Health for a mammogram, please remember the following before your appointment:
- Avoid lotions, perfumes, or deodorant on your chest area.
- You can take over-the-counter pain medication 30 to 45 minutes before your appointment to manage any mammogram-related pain.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages two to three days before your mammogram, as caffeine makes breast sensitive.
Mammography services are available at the following locations:
Outpatient Care Center, Suite 2C
1801 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
Radiology Suite, First Floor
1220 S. Wood St.
Chicago, IL 60608