Preparation Before the Surgery
Studies are completed
- Rhinomanometry to assess nasal airflow and nasal area
- CT Scan to assess nasal deformity
- Nasal care is IMPORTANT for normal healing and to minimize complications (infection, breakdown)
- Rinse nose with saline (salt water) at least 2 times-a-day
- Insurance Approval this can take between 4 to 8 weeks
- Schedule surgery after Insurance Approval
- Our office coordinates scheduling of surgery typically Wednesday. Please make sure we have a good contact number for us to reach you.
- Ideally it is helpful to have the following at home before the surgery:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin/Advil)
- Tylenol Extra-strength
- Narcotic prescription filled
- Antibiotic prescription filled
- Please make an appointment with your primary care doctor 3-4 weeks before the surgery. Please have their office complete the history/physical form needed by our anesthesiologists. Please fax this to our office and bring a copy with you at the time of surgery. If you do not have the form, please contact our office.
- The Hospital will contact you and give you the time of surgery and when to stop feeding your child.
- Please arrive 60 minutes before the scheduled time of surgery. It is better to be early than late. The surgery may be rescheduled depending on the other surgical cases in the OR.
- If you are developing a cold or have had a cold within 2 weeks of surgery date, the surgery will need to be re-scheduled. We cannot do the surgery if you are ill or is becoming ill. The nasal tissues will not heal. Please contact our staff as soon as possible.