- Being Evaluated for a Liver Transplant
- The Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD)
- What to Expect After Liver Transplant Surgery
- Resuming Daily Activities
- Immunosuppressive Medications
- Immunosuppression and Rejection
- Keeping Track of Your Daily Activities
- Clinical Visit Follow-Up Schedule
- Tips for A Healthier Life After Transplantation
Resuming Daily Activities
After your transplant, you should resume your previous activities. You may even feel good enough to add a few new ones. Walking is the best exercise the first six weeks after your transplant. Other guidelines to follow as you return to enjoying daily activities:
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and performing intense work until you get your doctor's approval.
- Avoid activities that put pressure on your stomach area and incision.
- Avoid contact sports.
- Avoid driving a car until you get the approval of the transplant team.