Patient Referrals During COVID-19
It is important for your patients to get the specialized care they need during this time. We are here to work with you and your patient to ensure they safely receive the care and specialized services they need during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
At this time, we are accepting new patient referrals. Please refer to the items below for information regarding scheduling, telehealth, precautions, and Medical Records.
- Providers should call 866.600.CARE or contact their liaison for scheduling.
- Refer to covid19.UIHealth.care for up to date information on reopening.
- Patients are screened for symptoms before the appointment. This must be done before the patient will be allowed entry into the clinic.
- Testing is required for all planned procedures, typically 48-72 hours prior.
- Information is conveyed when the appointment is confirmed.
- Telehealth will continue to be preferred for the foreseeable future.
- When requesting peer to peer consults, contact 866.600.CARE and ask to be directed.
- During this time visitation and accompaniment is limited.
- Refer to our current Visitor Policy for additional details.
- If you are sending a patient to our ED for any reason please call ahead.
- Patients who arrive at the ED with symptoms will be tested unless otherwise specified by policy.
- Do not refer patients to the ED for testing, they will be turned away.
- Refer to the Medical Records Request page for information on obtaining test results.