View Main Location - Mile Square Health Center in a larger map
Inside Look at New Mile Square Health Center
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)
This 5-story 121,750 square foot state of the art facility is Mile Square Health Center's primary practice site. This location on S. Wood St. at W. Roosevelt is right around the corner from UI Health's Hospital and its dozens of outpatient clinics, offering convenient referral services to all patients.
Mile Square offers a comprehensive array of Medical Care and Social Services including:
- A family centered environment
- A large location with room to grow
- Friendly staff who work as a team to give you the best care possible
- Every employee is involved in meeting each patient's needs
- Sliding fee scale for the underinsured
- Services for the uninsured
1220 South Wood Street
Chicago, IL 60608
For an appointment, call 312.996.2000
Urgent Care Hours
Saturday and Holidays: 10am-6pm
We offer many services to people of every age-from
newborns to elderly, including:
- Primary Care
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Specialty Care
- Imaging and Mammography Services
- Urgent Care
- Mental Health Services
- Onsite Medical Laboratory
Neighborhoods We Serve
- Near West Side
- Little Italy
- University Village
- UIC East and West Campuses
- Illinois Medical District
- and the surrounding areas
Make an Appointment
Walk-in visitors are welcome and served on a first-come, first-served basis. Learn more about walk-in visits.
If you're a regular Mile Square patient who needs care quickly, but it's not an emergency, please call 312.996.2000 and ask for the doctor on call.
This health center also includes electronic dispensation of medications and on-site Certified Application Counselors (CACs) available to educate and enroll patients for health insurance. The building is also designed to be environmentally friendly and will be applying for LEED Gold Certification.
This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).