1220 S. Wood St.
Chicago, IL 60608
UI Health's urgent care center is a good alternative to the emergency room. You can walk right in without an appointment.
All existing UI Health and MSHC patients, as well as new patients, can seek services with our Urgent Care team.
There is limited capacity on a daily basis based on the availability of providers.
Hours of Operation*:
Monday through Friday, 12pm-8pm
Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays, 10am-6pm
*Hours may change due to volume.
Common conditions treated in urgent care
- Injuries requiring plain X-rays (Radiology at MSHC has the same hours of operation)
- Simple lacerations and other injuries
- Colds/Flu symptoms
- Other Minor Illnesses
These conditions should be directed to the Emergency Room:
- Children with signs of infection under 8 weeks old
- Severe chest pain, symptoms of heart attack
- Symptoms of stroke
- Severe head injury involving loss of consciousness
- Shortness of breath
- Severe abdominal pain
- Pregnancy-related problems including abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding
The urgent care center is conveniently located just a few blocks from the hospital at 1220 South Wood Street ( Directions) at the corner of Roosevelt and Wood Streets. Parking is free.
The Roosevelt Bus #12 (route information) stops right at the front door, and the Polk Station pink line stop is within walking distance.
Urgent care is a cheaper option than the emergency room. You do not have to be a previous UI Health patient, and you do not need a referral from your doctor. The urgent care center is staffed by UI Health providers; giving you access to Academic Medicine in a community based setting.
To schedule a regular primary care appointment, call 312.996.2000