Mile Square Health Center (MSHC)
Call 866.600.2273 or click here for more information
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)
Everyone deserves quality health care. The closer to home, the better.
Find Family Healthcare Close to Home
Mile Square Health Center opened its first neighborhood clinic in 1967 and keeps working to help Chicagoans. Our health clinics are located in many neighborhoods across Chicagoland to care for families at every stage of life. We care for nearly 40,000 people a year - whether or not they can pay for it. No matter your race, religion, or income, you can get care from one of the most respected health systems in the country. Mile Square makes getting health care as easy and comfortable as possible.
We are dedicated to:
- Treating you with respect and listening to your concerns.
- Talking to you openly and honestly.
- Helping you prevent illness.
- Make sure you know how to take care of yourself between visits, including how and when to take any medicine you might need.
- Can help you find programs to help pay for medicine or other health costs, if needed.
- Help improve the health of entire neighborhoods through health fairs and other activities.
Mile Square-Main provides primary and specialty care services - including pediatrics, mammography services, and urgent care - to the neighborhoods surrounding the University of Illinois Hospital.
Mile Square-Back of the Yards offers primary, preventative, and urgent care services, including pediatrics, to neighborhoods on Chicago's southwest side.
Mile Square-Cicero provides a number of healthcare services- including pediatrics, family medicine, women's health, and social services - to the Cicero area and neighborhoods on Chicago's west side.
Mile Square-Englewood provides healthcare services - including pediatrics/well-child visits, women's health, and adult health screenings - to neighborhoods on Chicago's southwest and west sides.
Mile Square-Humboldt Park, a clinical practice of the UIC College of Nursing, provides adult primary care, pediatrics, women's health, and mental health services to neighborhoods on Chicago's northwest side.
Mile Square-South Shore offers primary and preventative care, pediatrics, OB/GYN, and dental care services to the South Shore area and neighborhoods on Chicago's south side.
The UI Health Mile Square Health Center – L.P. Johnson Rockford is committed to serving our community and provides care to patients of all ages at all phases of life.
Make Mile Square Your Medical Home
A medical home means you can get all of your health care through one place. At Mile Square, your care is based on your needs. Most locations offer evening and weekend hours, and accept walk-ins. Mile Square offers many services.
- Primary care for every family member at every age, from newborn to elderly
- Preventive care, like flu shots and health screenings
- Specialty care, including HIV/AIDS
- Women's health care
- Vision and dental care
- Urgent Care at Near West Location (Main Mile Square) Mile Square accepts Medicare, Medicaid, and most other insurance. We will care for you and your family even if you don't have insurance. We use a sliding fee scale, which means we adjust fees based on your income. Don't put off health care because you think you can't afford it! Mile Square will help you get the care you need.
If you're a regular Mile Square patient who needs care quickly, but it's not an emergency, please call 312.996.2000 and ask for the doctor on call.
- Research Application Form: Includes Instructions and Checklist
- Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care
This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).