Mile Square Health Center (MSHC)
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)
Everyone deserves quality health care. The closer to home, the better. The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System-Mile Square Health Center (UI Hospital-MSHC) opened our first neighborhood clinic in 1967. We keep growing and working to help keep Chicago's people and neighborhoods healthy.
Find Family Health Care Close to Home
Mile Square has health clinics in many neighborhoods to care for families at every stage of life. We care for nearly 18,000 people a year - whether or not they can pay for it. No matter your race, religion, or income, you can get care from one of the most respected health systems in the country. Mile Square makes getting health care as easy and comfortable as possible.
- Treat you with respect and listen to you.
- Talk to you openly and honestly.
- Help you prevent illness.
- Help you sign up for health insurance through the Illinois Healthcare Exchange (from October 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013).
- Make sure you know how to take care of yourself between visits, including how and when to take any medicine you might need.
- Can help you find programs to help pay for medicine or other health costs, if needed.
- Help improve the health of entire neighborhoods through health fairs and other activities.
Make Mile Square Your Medical Home
A medical home means you can get all of your health care through one place. At Mile Square, your care is based on your needs. Most locations offer evening and weekend hours, and accept walk-ins. Mile Square offers many services.
- Primary care for every family member at every age, from newborn to elderly
- Preventive care, like flu shots and health screenings
- Specialty care, including HIV/AIDS
- Women's health care
- Vision and dental care
- Urgent Care at Near West Location (Main Mile Square)
Mile Square accepts Medicare, Medicaid, and most other insurance. We will care for you and your family even if you don't have insurance. We use a sliding fee scale, which means we adjust fees based on your income. Don't put off health care because you think you can't afford it! Mile Square will help you get the care you need.
If you're a regular Mile Square patient who needs care quickly, but it's not an emergency, please call 312.996.2000 and ask for the doctor on call.
This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).