From the handle of the grocery store shopping cart to your kitchen sink; yes, even on your cell phone - germs are everywhere. Germs are tiny living things that may cause an infectious disease. You can't avoid them, but we can help.
- UI Health has the knowledge to treat the full range of infectious diseases, including:
- Bacterial infections you get from the community or in the hospital
- Fungal infections
- Herpes virus infections
- Hepatitis virus infections
- Infections that occur when you are immunocompromised
- Infections that occur after organ transplant
- Mycobacterial infections, including TB
Have you come in contact with an infectious disease? Make an appointment today.
Our Enthusiasm is Contagious
Our specialists love to learn about germs. Whether you are in or out of the hospital, we are able to diagnose and treat infection-related medical and surgical problems. Most important, we work closely with your medical team to develop a personalized plan of care just for you. We are dedicated to learning more about infectious diseases and increasing our skills at treating these conditions. One way we do this is by staying in contact with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, city and state health departments, UIC School of Public Health, and other infectious diseases specialists throughout the Chicago metropolitan area, the U.S., and internationally. This allows us to stay up-to-date and to share information about the latest research and therapies.
Outpatient Care Center (OCC)
1801 West Taylor Street, Suite 3
Chicago, IL 60612