The Family Birth Place
Congratulations on your pregnancy! The Family Birth Place is focused on giving mothers-to-be supportive care during their pregnancy and on their delivery day. We are proud to offer:
- 24-hour physician and midwife attendants
- PRE-ME risk assessment on your first visit
- Excellent nursing staff
- Private delivery rooms
- Care for extremely premature infants (Level 3 newborn nursery)
- Centralized fetal monitoring
- Non-medical support: birthing balls, squatting position, and more
- 24-hour OB anesthesia access
- Outstanding breastfeeding support, including a full-time lactation consultant and trained postpartum nurses
- Free prenatal (childbirth education) classes
- Choice of a family physician or pediatrician to care for your newborn
- Partnerships with local and national support groups, such as March of Dimes, for high-risk pregnancies
Upon arrival on your special day, moms are asked to go to the Main Emergency Room(located on the first floor of the hospital). You will be registered as a patient and brought to the 4 th floor OB ER. In the OB ER, nurses and healthcare providers will assess you and determine if you will be admitted to deliver your baby.
Join other expectant moms who have the same questions you do. CenteringPregnancy is prenatal care that includes your regular health check-up with additional time for learning and sharing. Each session includes interactive learning that will let you experience your pregnancy in a new and rewarding way where you can learn and experience your pregnancy with other pregnant women. Click here to read more about CenteringPregnancy and click here to talk to one of our staff.
If you have these symptoms come to the emergency room immediately:
- Contractions (or abdominal tightening) every 10 minutes
- Vaginal bleeding
- Watery leakage of fluid
FULL TERM LABOR:
- Strong contractions every 5 minutes
- Leakage of watery fluid
- Know the name and dosage of the medications you are taking, as well as when the last does was taken.
- For urgent matters, please call you clinic 24 hours a day-an attendant is always on duty.
- Please contact your provider if you feel your baby is not moving as much as usual.
For more information, visit:
- Obstetrics & Gynecology provides comprehensive, quality health care for women from childhood/adolescence to their reproductive years and beyond.
- The Family Medicine team provides comprehensive health care for men, women, and children of all ages.