Mimis Cohen, MD
Get to know our provider
Dr. Mimis Cohen is the chief of the Division of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Cosmetic Surgery at UI Health, where he has been associated with the cleft/craniofacial team for many years. In 2010, Dr. Cohen was appointed Director of the Craniofacial Center.
Dr. Mimis Cohen is world-renowned for his work in the field of cleft lip and palate. Dr. Cohen received his medical training in Athens before coming to Chicago for specialty training in plastic surgery. He is board certified in both general and plastic surgery. Dr. Cohen brings knowledge and experience of state-of-the-art procedures as well as the emerging new techniques and innovations in plastic surgery.
In 2008, Dr. Cohen was named one of the best doctors in Chicago. He has lectured throughout the world on cleft lip and palate. He is a member and former president of many professional organizations and has published more than 132 articles in peer-reviewed journals and has also edited several textbooks.
Specialties & Services
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Care
- Plastic Surgery
- Acne Scarring
- Body and Extremtiy Contouring - after weight loss
- Breast Augmentation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Craniofacial Surgery
- Nose and Ear Reshaping
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
Outpatient Care Center, 3F
1801 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Internship: Greek Naval Hospital
- Medical School: University of Athens College of Medicine
- Residency: Chios General Hospital, Greece
- Residency: University of Athens College of Medicine