Susan Buchanan, MD/MPH
Get to know our provider
Dr. Susan Buchanan, Clinical Associate Professor and Associate Director of the Occupational and Environmental Medicine Residency Program, is dual-certified in Family Medicine and Preventive Medicine/Occupational Medicine. She practiced primary care for over a decade prior to joining the department, adding teaching and research to her active Occupational and Environmental Medicine practice. She directs the Great Lakes Center for Children's Environmental Health, a ATSDR/EPA funded Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit, which is a referral center for physicians, parents, and concerned communities in the Midwest.
Dr. Buchanan's practice involves the evaluation of pediatric and adult patients with health problems related to their environment either in the workplace or community. Her research interests include the safety and occupational health of low income and immigrant workers as well as environmental exposures to children and women of childbearing age, areas in which she has published numerous peer reviewed studies.
Specialties & Services
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Work-Related Injuries
Occupational Health & Workers' Compensation Clinic, Room E-144
835 S. Wolcott Ave.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: American Board of Family Practice
- Board Certification: The American Board of Preventive Medicine — Occupational Medicine
- Bachelor of Science: Denison University
- Licensee: Physician & Surgeon, State of Illinois
- Medical Doctorate: Ohio State University
- Masters in Public Health: University of Illinois at Chicago