Child Clinical Service
UI Health's Child Clinical Services are offered through the Institute for Juvenile Research. Our goal is to advance children's mental health through research and compassionate treatment.
Inpatient psychiatric services are offered at the University of Illinois Hospital only for children and adolescents who are wards of the Department of Children and Family Services.
The hospital's Urgent Intervention Team in the Emergency Department is happy to help assess your child's needs, and facilitate transfer to other inpatient programs if needed. Reach the Urgent Intervention Team at 312.996.2242, pager 3927, or bring your child to the Emergency Department for assessment.
We provide treatment in the following areas:
- Autism and Related Disorders
- Child Psychiatry Consultation-Liaison Service
- Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Hyperactivity, Attention, and Learning Problems
- Medication Management
- Pediatric Mood Disorders Program
- Pediatric Stress and Anxiety Disorders
Behavioral Health & Welfare Program
Our Behavioral Health and Welfare Program is exclusively for children and adolescents who are wards of the Department of Children and Family Services. The program includes:
- Comprehensive Assessment Treatment Unit (CATU) and Response Training System
- Mental Health Policy Program
- Clinical Services in Psychopharmacology
- Applied Services
- Collaborative Problem Solving Training