Chemotherapy and radiation treatments for breast cancer can damage fertility and reduce or eliminate a patient's chance of having children in the future. The Fertility Preservation Program at UI Health provides state-of-the-art reproductive technologies to preserve fertility among women of childbearing age. We offer a comprehensive team approach which includes reproductive endocrinologists, medical and surgical oncologists, pathologists, embryologists, nurses, social workers, and clinical ethics consultants. All of us are here to help!
We understand that each patient's situation is unique and we create an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs. Our program offers procedures-both standard and experimental-that allow you options during this important time.
- Embryo Freezing (Standard Technique)
- Egg Freezing (Experimental Research Technique)
- Ovarian Tissue Freezing (Experimental Research Technique)
There are several factors to consider when deciding the best options for your fertility preservation plan:
- Your age at diagnosis
- Whether your ovaries are involved
- How much time you have before treatment begins
- What type of breast cancer you have
- Your proposed treatment plan
- Your medical coverage for these treatments
We would be happy to discuss our Fertility Preservation Program and any other issues with you during an office consultation. To make a new patient appointment, please call the UI Health Call Access Center at 866.600.CARE or click here
Existing patients wishing to make an appointment to discuss Fertility Preservation please call the University of Illinois Reproductive Medicine Center at 312.355.4205.