People with conditions of the blood vessels can receive world-class care from the Division of Vascular Surgery at the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences. The goal of our vascular surgery team is to provide state of the art treatment in order to give all patients with vascular disease the highest quality of life possible. The vascular surgery program at UI Health is involved in the diagnosis, evaluation and management of all types of arterial, venous and lymphatic disease exclusive of that affecting the heart and intracranial vessels.
Extensive special expertise within the Division of Vascular Surgery exists in the following areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm surgery
- Surgical repair of peripheral arterial aneurysms
- Carotid Artery surgery
- Complex revascularization of the great vessels arising from the aortic arch
- Major and complex upper and lower extremity arterial revascularization procedures
- Peripheral Arterial Bypass
- Surgical treatment of complex venous disorders of the lower extremities
UI Health vascular surgeons offer comprehensive, cutting edge treatment for the entire spectrum of vascular disease. Our vascular surgeons utilize a variety of techniques to treat vascular disease including open surgery, robot-assisted surgery and endovascular approaches.
Martin Borhani, MD
Malgorzata Plummer, MD
For more information or to make an appointment, please call the UI Health Surgery Center at 312.355.4300.