- Community Reintegration Program
- Health Psychology Services
- Inpatient Services
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program
- Neuropsychology Services
- Psychosis Treatment Program and the Anchor Point Clinic
- Women’s Mental Health Program
Inpatient Adult Psychiatry
Chicago's University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System provides inpatient psychiatric care for adults struggling with acute mental illness.
The Adult Psychiatry Inpatient Unit is a treatment, teaching, and research unit serving the entire UI Health System. This unit is fully secure and designed to care for psychiatric patients on a short-term basis.
Our goal is to:
- Provide comprehensive, interdisciplinary evaluations for patients with complex psychiatric, psychosocial, and medical needs
- Develop an intensive treatment program to address those needs
- Manage a patient's acute psychiatric episodes
- Enable a patient's prompt return to an appropriate care setting at home and in the community.
The Inpatient Adult Psychiatry Unit at UI Hospital is also a training site; we provide a unique training experience for students learning to diagnose and treat serious mental illness. Students include those training to become physicians, social workers, nurses and occupational therapists.
For more information or to schedule an initial evaluation, call our Urgent Intervention Team at 312.996.2242 pager #3927, or go to the University of Illinois Hospital Emergency Room.