Making an Appointment
In An Emergency: If you are in crisis, call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department.
The UI Hospital Emergency Department has crisis psychiatric assessment services available 24/7. The hospital is located at 1740 W. Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612. See car, train and bus directions.
Outpatient Services: To make an appointment call 312.996.2200.
Pediatric Services: For patients younger than 18, call 312.996.7723.
What To Bring:
- Your current insurance, Medicare, and/or Medicaid card
- If you have an HMO, you must bring the completed authorization form from your Primary Care Physician.
- If you have an insurance policy with a co-pay portion, or if you are self-pay, you must provide payment at the time of service.
If Possible, Also Bring:
- Medications you are currently taking
- Medication bottles for medications that you have taken in the past
- Name and phone number of your Primary Care Physician
- Records from mental health providers you have seen in the past