Making an Appointment
In an emergency: If you are in crisis, call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department.
The University of Illinois Hospital Emergency Department has crisis psychiatric assessment services available 24/7. The hospital is located at:
1740 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612.
Outpatient Services: To request an appointment, please call 312.996.2200.
Pediatric Services: For patients younger than 18, please call 312.996.7723.
What to bring:
- Your current insurance, Medicare, and/or Medicaid card
- If you have an HMO, you must bring the completed authorization form from your primary care physician.
- If you have an insurance policy with a co-pay portion, or if you are self-pay, you must provide payment at the time of service.
If possible, also bring:
- Current medications
- Bottles for medications that you have taken in the past
- Primary care physician name and phone number.
- Records from mental health providers you have seen in the past