UI Health Urgent Care at Mile Square Health Center
Urgent Care at UI Health provides immediate care and treatment for common injuries and illnesses that do not require a visit to the Emergency Department. Our walk-in clinic is located at the Mile Square Health Center-Main location - no appointments necessary.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL 911
Urgent Care Services
The Urgent Care Center at UI Health is a good alternative to the Emergency Room. Our providers focus on delivering immediate care and treatment of non-life-threating injuries and conditions.
Common conditions treated at Urgent Care include:
- Injuries requiring X-rays
- Cuts requiring stitches
- Cold and flu
- Fevers, sore throats, earaches
- Sports injuries
- Other minor ailments for children and adults
Visit our Emergency Department if you are experiencing any of the following conditions:
- Eye injury
- Symptoms of heart attack (severe chest pain) or stroke (changes in speech, limb weakness, numbness)
- Severe injuries, including head injuries/loss of consciousness and burns
- Severe pain (abdominal pain, severe headaches)
- Signs of infection in children less than 3 months old
- Shortness of breath
- Pregnancy-related problems, including abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding
Urgent Care Location & HoursOUR LOCATION
1220 S. Wood St
Chicago, IL 60608
To request for an appointment, please fill out the online form or call 312.996.2000.
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 7 pm
Weekends & Holidays: 10 am – 5:30 pm
The urgent care center is conveniently located just a few blocks from the hospital at 1220 South Wood Street (Directions) at the corner of Roosevelt and Wood Streets. Parking is free.
The Roosevelt Bus #12 (route information) stops right at the front door, and the Polk Station pink line stop is within walking distance.
To schedule a regular primary care appointment, call 312.996.2000