Ahmad Aref, MD, MBA
Get to know our provider
Dr. Ahmad Aref performs trabeculectomy and glaucoma drainage implant surgery for advanced glaucomatous disease as well microinvasive glaucoma surgery for patients with mild to moderate disease using the latest surgical innovations. Dr. Aref also specializes in complex cataract surgery and is certified for use of the femtosecond laser system for laser-assisted cataract extraction.
Specialties & Services
- Glaucoma Surgery
Ear & Eye Infirmary (EEI), Suite 3.171
1855 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Internship: St. John Hospital & Medical Center
- Medical School: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Residency: Hershey Eye Center