Ana Carvalho do Amaral, MD
get to know our provider
Dr. Ana Carvalho do Amaral practices in the Department of Family & Community Medicine at UI Health. Dr. Amaral provides care for patients of all ages and genders, and her specialties focus on contraception, prenatal care, and deliveries. She also has special interest in LGBTQ+ inclusive care and gender-affirming care. Dr. Amaral is involved in improving care for migrants and other underserved populations, including travel-related healthcare.
specialties & services
- Family Medicine
- LGBTQ Inclusive Care
- Prenatal Care
- LGBTQ+ & Trans-Inclusive Care/Gender-affirming Care
- Family Planning/Contraception
- Chronic Disease Management
- Travel medicine
Pilsen Family Health Center Lower West
1713 S. Ashland Ave.
Chicago, IL 60608
Family Medicine Center at University Village
722 W. Maxwell St.
Chicago, IL 60607
- Residency: Mountain Area Health Education Center — Hendersonville, NC
- Medical School: Federal University of Health Sciences of Porto Alegre (Brazil)
- Board Certification: Family Medicine