Fady T. Charbel, MD
Get to know our provider
Dr. Fady Charbel is an internationally recognized clinical expert, researcher, and educator in the areas of stroke, cerebrovascular diseases (brain aneurysm), cerebral blood flow metabolism, and complex cerebral tumors. Active in developing new technology, Dr. Charbel's work has led to innovations in medical devices as well as surgical simulators. He is the developer and co-inventor of the "Charbel Micro-flowprobe®" Transonic systems Inc. and of the NOVA® system, Vassol, Inc.
Dr. Charbel received the "Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Awards: Medical Devices, Runner-up" in 2006 and "Inventor of the Year, The University of Illinois at Chicago" in 2002. He has been named one of America's Top Surgeons, Consumers' Research Council of America; Best Doctor, Best Doctors in America; Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical Limited.
Dr. Charbel has been invited worldwide to lecture, teach, and demonstrate complex surgical procedures. He currently holds eight patents and has produced over 200 scientific presentations and over 150 publications. He is the Professor and Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at UI Health. Dr. Charbel has also received the Dr. Richard L. and Gertrude W. Fruin Professorship in 2014.
Specialties & Services
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Tumors (Complex)
- Carotid Artery Surgery
- General Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Skull Base Tumors (Complex)
- Spinal Cord Tumors
- Vertebral Artery Surgery
Outpatient Care Center, Suite 4E
1801 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellowship: Henry Ford Hospital (Research Fellow)
- Fellowship: McGill University (Neurological Institute), Montreal
- Internship: Henry Ford Hospital
- Medical School: St. Joseph's University, Beruit, Lebanon
- Residency: Henry Ford Hospital