Jennifer Lim, MD
get to know our provider
Dr. Jennifer Lim is the Director of the Retina Service at UI Health. Dr. Lim is involved in both the clinical treatment and research aspects of retinal and vitreous diseases, such as diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, and age-related macular degeneration, and she has been the principal investigator in dozens of clinical trials for various retinal diseases. Dr. Lim has performed more than 6,000 vitreoretinal surgeries, and she is one of the few surgeons in the United States to perform implantation surgery for the Argus II retinal prosthesis, which can restore vision in patients with retinitis pigmentosa (RP), a rare eye disease that causes damage to the retina, resulting in loss of vision. She is the Marion Schenk Chair for Research of the Aging Eye at the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Specialties & Services
- Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Anti-Angiogenesis Treatments
- Diabetes Retinopathy
- OCT - Ocular Coherence Tomography
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Diseases
Lions of Illinois Eye Research Institute
1905 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Medical School: Northwestern University
- Residency: University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago