Mehmet C. Mocan, MD
Dr. M. Cem Mocan practices in the Department of Ophthalmology at UI Health. Dr. Mocan specializes in pediatric eye disorders, with a special focus on anterior segment disorders. His clinical interests include congenital and infantile glaucomas, pediatric cataracts, ocular re-alignment surgery for strabismus, and amblyopia. Dr. Mocan is a co-investigator in national, multicenter studies looking into visual outcomes in children with retinopathy of prematurity, retinoblastoma, and neurofibromatosis. He also is a member of the Craniofacial Center Team at UI Health and treats various eye conditions of children diagnosed with craniofacial disorders. Dr. Mocan is a full-time faculty member in the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences at the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Specialties & Services
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Eye & Ear Infirmary, Suite 2.140
1855 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Fellowship: Harvard Medical School, Boston
- Fellowship: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Medical School: Hacettepe University School of Medicine
- Internship: Hacettepe University School of Medicine
- Board Certification: European Board of Ophthalmology
- Residency: Hacettepe University School of Medicine