Maria Soledad Cortina, MD
Get to know our provider
Dr. M. Soledad Cortina is the director of the Comprehensive Ophthalmology Faculty Practice, the General Eye Clinic, and the Keratoprosthesis Artificial Cornea Program at UI Health. Dr. Cortina has clinical interests in corneal transplantation, refractive surgery, cataracts, and anterior segment disease.
Dr. Cortina joined the Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary as a board-certified ophthalmologist and cornea specialist in 2010. Recognized internationally for her research in corneal surgery and the keratoprosthesis, Dr. Cortina has presented at meetings and symposia around the world and has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals. In addition, she has received ‘Best Doctors in America' recognition annually since 2010.
Specialties & Services
- Cataract Surgery
- Cornea Transplant
- DSEK - Corneal Transplantation
Eye and Ear Infirmary (EEI)
1855 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: American Board — Ophthalmology
- Fellowship: University of Illinois — Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Internship: Louisiana State University
- Medical School: University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine
- Residency: Louisiana State University