Registration is Easy!
To register for a MyChart account, you must be at least 12 years old. There are many ways to register, click on the text below for more information.
During or After Your Next Visit
During your visit. Clinic staff can sign you up directly while you are at the front desk, in the exam room, or at discharge.
After your visit. You will receive an activation code on your After Visit Summary.
If you do not have an activation code, you can register online by matching your Medical Record Number (MRN) and the email address we have on file.
- To find your MRN, view any bill, discharge paperwork, or after-visit summary, look for the “ID#” on the right-hand side. This is your OLD MRN. You must convert this to your NEW MRN to sign up for MyChart. Your NEW MRN is your old MRN zeros added to the front of the number to make it 9 digits long. Most OLD MRNs are 6–8 digits long, and all NEW MRNs are 9 digits long. For example, if your OLD MRN is 1234567, your new MRN is 001234567 - you have to add zeros to the front to make it 9 digits long.
- Click here to register with your MRN and email address.
NOTE: For security reasons, you can only update your email address during a visit to UI Health.
Use Your Activation Code to Register
From the MyChart New User Registration page:
- Enter your activation code, your email address on file at UI Health, and your date of birth.
- On the next page, choose the following:
MyChart username. This should be something that others wouldn't be likely to guess but easy for you to remember. It cannot be changed at any time.
Password. Your password must be at least eight characters and must be different from your MyChart username. Your password should contain at least 3 of the 4 following categories:
- One CAPITAL letter
- One Lowercase letter
- One number
- One Special Character (e.g. @&* %$)
- Security question. This question will be used to verify your identity if you forget your MyChart password. Choose a security question from the list and enter your answer. Your answer cannot include your MyChart password.
- On the next page, choose whether you want to receive a notification message in your personal email when there is new information available in your MyChart account. If you opt to receive email alerts, enter your email address.