The UI Health Two-Generation Clinic is a one-stop destination where women and children of all ages can receive comprehensive primary care separately but simultaneously from a team of providers that includes physicians specializing in internal medicine and pediatrics. This unique model of care allows families to visit one clinic for all of the primary care services they need, saving time, limiting exposure within healthcare settings, and allowing women and children to develop long-term relationships with primary care providers.
Established in 2020 and located in the UI Health Outpatient Care Center and in the South Loop/Bronzeville neighborhood, the Two-Generation Clinic offers a variety of adult and pediatric primary care services.
Who Can Receive Care at the Two-Generation Clinic
The Two-Generation Clinic is ideally suited for mothers with infants or toddlers but welcomes women and children of any age, in addition to their partners. Both women and children are encouraged but not required to receive care at the clinic; mothers well-established with a primary care physician elsewhere can have their child seen at the Two-Generation Clinic.
The Two-Generation Clinic features a diverse team of healthcare professionals who are committed to and experts in caring for women and children. This team includes:
- Board-certified internal medicine and pediatric primary care physicians
- Board-certified pediatric and adult psychiatrists with a focus on postpartum women
- Health coaches
- A lactation specialist
- A nurse manager
- A social worker (bilingual in English and Spanish)
Benefits of Care at the Two-Generation Clinic
- A focus on fostering children’s health and development.
- Healthcare is easier and more efficient for families because women and children can see their providers in the same clinic at the same time.
- Patients can receive social support tailored to their individual challenges, such as food insecurity.
- Patients can work with providers to achieve their family-planning goals.
- Providers can work with high-risk patients, such as women who develop diabetes or high blood pressure during pregnancy, to prevent or manage chronic diseases.
- Two-Generation Clinic providers can help patients navigate the healthcare system by referring them to and helping them schedule appointments with specialists, if necessary.
For more information related to maternal health, visit the State Maternal Health Innovation Program digital library. There you will find helpful tips for a safe pregnancy, recuperation, birth control, and more.
Outpatient Care Center, Suite 3
1801 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
South Loop Physicians Group, Suite 100
2600 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60616
How to Schedule an Appointment
To request an appointment at the South Loop/Bronzeville site, please call 312.492.0025.