- Accessible Resources and Services
- Preparing for Your Visit
- Pay A Bill
- Gift Shop
- Medical Records Requests
- Pastoral Care Services
- Patient Rights
Preparing for Your Visit
It is our goal that your next patient experience with us is a comfortable and smooth process from when you check in for an appointment or procedure to the moment you are discharged to go home.
When preparing for your upcoming patient visit at UI Health it is important to remember the following for your appointment:
Our outpatient primary and specialty healthcare services are available at two locations on our medical campus:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card and or referral
- Current medication information
- Related medical records
- Make note of your appointment date
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time
Outpatient Care Center
The Outpatient Care Center (OCC) at UI Health is a state-of-the-art, 245,000-square-feet facility that is home to 21 primary and specialty care clinics.
Outpatient Surgery Center
Opening Fall 2022, our new Outpatient Surgery Center (OSC) will be an advanced care center with over 200,000-square-feet of patient care space that accommodates the increasing volume and complexity of surgical care, education, and research with our partners at UIC.
For information about outpatient appointments, call 866.600.CARE (2273). Click here for more helpful numbers.
Hospital Stay & Inpatient Care
If your next healthcare visit or procedure with us involves an overnight or extended stay, planning and knowing what to expect can help ease your mind and concerns.
Below are lists of items we recommend you do and do not bring during your stay.
What to bring
- Photo ID, such as a driver's license or state ID
- Insurance card and information
- Names and phone numbers of emergency contacts such as family members or friends
Personal items you can bring
- Pajamas, robe, slippers, and socks for your comfort
- Toiletries, such as shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, and lotion
- Comfortable clothes to wear home
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Assistive devices such as walkers, crutches, canes, hearing aids or that are clearly labeled with your name
Do not bring
- Valuables, such as jewelry or a large amount of cash
- Personal electrical appliances such as hair/blow dryers, curling irons, electric shavers/trimmers, heating pads, television sets, and radios
UI Health wants to make the discharge process easy and comfortable for all patients. Our team is available to help you arrange your plans to get home. If you are waiting for transportation or pick-up after discharge, we welcome you to wait in our discharge lounge. Amenities include recliners, charging stations, and Wi-Fi among other accommodations.
At the end of your stay, remember to
- Collect all your belongings before leaving
- Ask your nurse any clarifying questions about medication
- Inform family members of discharge lounge location
- Arrange for a ride to pick you up from the discharge lounge before you are discharged
- Practicing social distancing and the use of face coverings are required
University of Illinois Hospital
1740 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
Monday - Friday, 12 pm to 8 pm
For information about an inpatient stay call, 312.996.4939