- Pediatric Primary Care
- Adolescent Medicine
- Adolescent and Pediatric Weight Management Program
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Pediatric Immunology Allergy & Pulmonology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
The Preventative Pediatric Renal Clinic at UI Health provides comprehensive care for children with conditions and diseases of the kidney and those with urological conditions. Our multidisciplinary team of pediatric nephrologists, transplant surgeons, pharmacists, nurses, dietitians, and social workers focus on early intervention for children with kidney disease, with a special focus on conditions that contribute to kidney problems, including high blood pressure and diabetes.
Our Pediatric Nephrology Team:
Eunice John, MD, DCH, FAAP
Chief of Pediatric Nephrology; Medical Director of Pediatric Kidney Transplant; Professor of Pediatrics, UIC
Kimberly Czech, MD, PhD
Director of Pediatric Hypertension; Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, UIC
Pediatric Nephrology Services
UI Health is a leader in pediatric kidney transplantation, research, and medical education, and we have been the first in Chicago to deliver many pediatric nephrology services, including:
- Renal transplant in high-risk pediatric patients
- Steroid-free protocol for renal transplants in children
- Chronic peritoneal dialysis in children with chronic kidney disease
- Use of double lumen catheter for hemodialysis in children and continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) in Children
- Robotic renal graft implant in obese pediatric and adolescent patients with minimal complication and hospital stay
- Robotic removal of graft from adult to place in young children
- Robotic removal of parathyroid gland
We also provide dialysis services, and our treatment plans focus on family education on dietary management, exercise, and drug therapy. Through our partnership with the UIC College of Pharmacy, we have been able to participate in several anti-rejection medication trials and pharmacokinetic studies.
Request an Appointment
To make an appointment, please fill out the online form or call 312.996.7416.
View our clinic locations and get directions to UI Health here.
Referring doctors and those interested in information on pediatric kidney transplantation can contact us at 312.996.6771.