- Pediatric Primary Care
- Child Life Services
- Adolescent Medicine
- Back-to-School Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, & Pulmonology
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Neurology
The UI Health Children’s Kidney Center of Illinois offers comprehensive services to children and adolescents with kidney and urological medical problems. The Preventive Pediatric Renal, Cardiac, and Hypertension Clinic focuses on early intervention for children with kidney diseases and a special focus on conditions that contribute to kidney problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes mellitus. Services also include dialysis and kidney transplantation. Treatment includes family education on dietary management, exercise, and drug therapy.
Meet the Director
Kimberly Czech, MD, PhD
Director of Pediatric Hypertension;
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, UIC
Exceeding the Norm
- Collaboration with top-ranked UIC College of Pharmacy gives CHUI patients access to the best, most advanced medicines
- Expert care begins with neonatal nephrology; the clinic serves all children with chronic kidney disease or kidney failures
- CHUI is one of the only hospitals in Chicago to offer a hypertension-related kidney disease prevention program for obese children; glomerular hyperfiltration is one of the least recognized but major factors contributing to the progression to kidney failure
- The transition program and clinic offers comprehensive, long-term follow-up for pediatric nephrology and transplant patients, ensuring no breaks in complex care or medical insurance
- The experienced team includes pediatric and adult nephrologists, transplant surgeons, pediatric pharmacologists, pediatric dieticians, transplant social workers, transplant coordinators, and transplant business managers
- We provide peritoneal dialysis as well as acute hemodialysis
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
Request an Appointment
To make an appointment, please fill out the online form or call 312.996.7416.
View our clinic locations and get directions to UI Health here.
Referring doctors and those interested in information on pediatric kidney transplantation can contact us at 312.996.6771.